Tuesday, March 19, 2013

One Month!

I can't believe my little girl is already a month old!
We have had so much fun this past month and are constantly amazed by this little lady.

When she was just 12 days old she got her first antibiotic for her right eye. We thought she had a bacterial infection but when the antibiotics didn't do anything and her eye was still watering a week after the antibiotics ended we found out she just has a clogged duct. We can't do anything for it but keep her eye clean. It makes me sad to see her eye watering or crusty, but I feel better knowing that it doesn't bother her at all.

It took her two weeks to get back to her birth weight of 6lbs 4oz but she has been gaining steadily since then. Last Thursday, the 14th, she weighed 6lbs 11oz! The week before was when she got back to her birth weight, so she is beefing up a little bit!

I take her once a week to a breastfeeding clinic to check her weight gain and to see how much she is eating. I really like going there because it's a great support and it's nice to get reassurance that nursing is going well.

She slept 5.5 hours straight last night! Mommy and Daddy can get used to that!

We discovered last week that she sleeps better when her arms aren't constrained... she is not nearly as noisy now when she sleeps- something else Mommy and Daddy are grateful for :)

She is getting much better at falling asleep in her bouncer or swing. Twice now we have gone out to see my family and she slept the whole hour drive!

This first month has been a huge learning curve, but we could not love our Pyper any more! She is so much fun to hav around and she makes the long nights worth it :) Seeing her face, no matter how tired I am, makes me smile and warms my heart!

Looking forward to what her second month brings us!




This was taken on 3/14, our 4th Anniversary. Pyper got all dressed up to go to lunch with Mom and Dad :)

I made her birth announcement! I think it's pretty darn cute!

The day we came home from the hospital!





















2 comments:

  1. Oh she is darling! And I love her announcement - goodness - you are talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!! She is so much fun! And I am going to school for graphic design and photography :)

    ReplyDelete