... and counting. Last Wednesday Jordan and I went downtown and took a tour of the Conference Center and the new Church History Library. While at the Conference Center I saw a flier that read Concerts in the Park. I thought it might be cool to look at, seeing as Jordan and I are looking for fun and free (or very cheap) things to do.
It just so happened that a group I saw perform my first semester at BYU-Idaho was performing! They are an all-male a capella group called T Minus 5. The name is perfect. The men realized that everything really important or cool had a countdown to it...rocket blastoffs? So they went with the name T Minus 5 and a countdown begins right before they take the stage every performance. Pretty cool.
Luckily, I didn't work last night! Jordan and I headed down town to Brigham Young Historic Park which is northwest of Temple Square. The concert was free, so we just took blankets, sweaters and cameras.
Jordan was hooked when they sang the first note. :) It was a great concert! Just as good, if not better than I remember!! They have won awards and comptetitions for their harmonies and it's not hard to understand why. They sang "Mayberry" by Rascal Flatts and Jordan and I honestly like their performance of it better than Rascal Flatts! They are just so talented and have great comedic timing. They really know how to pull the audience in. It was such a nice night, and we had such a good time sitting in the park listening to five very talented artists.
Jordan's job search...
Is going pretty well, actually! He has an interview at a Red Lobster today and an interview at Red Robin tomorrow! Both would be great places to work, but Jordan may prefer the Red Robin because of its location. We are just hoping for the best and will take (and make) the decisions as they come.
My job is going well. The resturaunt is extremely busy right now and it's kind of frustrating. It just stinks because I love the resturaunt and most of the people I work with. However, if I don't get more shifts and make more money, I may need to start looking for another resturaunt pretty soon. Three short shifts a week isn't exactly bringing in the big bucks. We'll see what happens!
School is going well. My midterms are next week! I can't believe it, but it's true. I am pretty sure I have an A in every class still. I've never really done this well in school, which makes me think I must be at the right place. My drawing skills are improving SO much it's unbelievable.
All in all we're doing great! We are just hoping Jordan finds the right job soon and are excited for him to get back into school as well.
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment