Jordan and I are learning what it's like to really be married. As most people know, we were both jobless for the first few months of our marriage. We had all the time in the world to be together and get to know each other better. We took a three week vacation to California and a week long vacation to Idaho/Oregon. Well, that's all changed now.
Jordan and I are both now in school full time and working part time. Jordan is taking first year Hebrew, second year Greek, What is Literature and a Crossing into Hell class. (The last two are literature classes.) He also has an Institute class that discusses the Gospel in early Christianity. Sounds pretty interesting and it's a perfect class for his major. He is also working at Red Lobster and they keep him busy! We has been having four to five shifts a week and they don't exactly end early. Most days I see him for just a couple of hours in the middle of the day, if I'm lucky.
I will finishing my first quarter at the Art Institute in two and a half weeks. My classes have kept me extremely busy but I am seeing a lot of progress. My drawing skills have improved so much it's incredible! I took a picture of my midterm drawing, which was of vases, and sent it to my mom on my cell phone. She thought it was a picture of vases... without realizing I had drawn it. I think that's a good sign! I have the top score in my math class and love my photography class as well! The restaurant I work at is pretty slow so I am getting three shifts a week, and they usually don't last very long. I am looking around for different restaurants that are hiring so that I can help pay the bills!
I am home alone most nights, so it gets pretty lonely out here. It gives me time to work on homework, which is nice, but I prefer to be busier. We are learning to enjoy the time we have together more and more, seeing as it is becoming less and less. We try to have a date night once a week, but that too is becoming harder and harder. We both work Friday nights and I work Saturday mornings while Jordan works Saturday nights. If only our schedules could coincide!
All in all, though, we are doing very well. Jordan is seeing progress in his classes and likes the challenge of serving.
We were able to go to Oceanside to visit Sue and Tom for Labor Day and had an amazing time! On Friday night we went to the Rockin' Baja Cafe, a great little seaside-seafood place we all love. Jordan and I shared a lobster corn chowder and a bucket full of lobster tails, king crab, snow crab and shrimp. It was great! Saturday we spent time at the beach and then went to the Redlands Temple to see our friends, Jayson and Yvonne Cardon receieve their endowments and then get sealed. It was so cool to see that. They were so happy and could see the relief they felt in being able to get sealed for time and all eternity.
On Sunday we spent a little time relaxing seaside and poolside and had lunch and dinner with Sue and Tom. Sue made an amazing potatoe salad. I don't like potatoe salad but I LOVED this!
We reluctantly flew home Monday after spending more time at the beach and pool and eating lunch at Angelo's... a burger place that makes a double double from In-N-Out look small. The burgers were huge!!!! I ate about half of mine.
We had a great weekend visiting family and friends and look forward to the next time we get to go home!!! This next time (whenever it is) we'll get to see my younger brother Garrett who's coming home from his mission in Little Rock, Arkansas. I'm so excited for Garrett and Jordan to meet!!!
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Wow Mindy. We have some things in common. I don't see Enoch much and we also try to have a date night when possible. But I can't complain, marriage is great.
ReplyDeleteVery true. Marriage is awesome, and there usually is some time (even if it's not much) to get away together. I love it!
ReplyDelete