Thursday, March 4, 2010

Lately...

Wow I haven't updated in a while!

Things are going well here. In February my parents came up to visit for a weekend! Friday night they came to the acaroni Grill and I got to serve them! It was so so so nice to see them and since Mom's birthday was soon, I got a piece of her favorite dessert and sang happy birthday to her in Italian. It was so fun! She was a tad surprised.
The following day we went to a baptism for Sierra Tate. She is my dad's cousin's daughter and she just adores my dad. The baptism was the main reason my parents came up. After the baptism we went up to Park City and walked around Main Street. There was snow in the ground and Mom was so happy to eat snow! Apparently she just loves the stuff. And Dad had a great time throwing snow at us.
On Sunday Mom and Dad came over for dinner and we just hung out and enjoyed each other's company. They flew home early Monday morning. It was so nice for them to see our apartment and to spend some time together.

My birthday was this past weekend and what a great weekend it was! Friday (my birthday) I had a math midterm which wasn't too bad. Then my friend Karalyn took me to get frozen yogurt and I got to see her adorable son, Ethan. I just love that little boy. Too cute! Then another young couple in the ward, Lisa and Brandon Niederhauser, came over. Lisa made spaghetti and we did garlic bread. The four of us ate and hung out then went bowling. I haven't bowled in sooo long and it was sooo fun!
Saturday Jordan and I had lunch at Benihana's. I had been wanting to eat there so we used a gift card Jordan had had for a while. It was so nice! We both had delicious meals and sat next to a really neat couple. That night there wasa progressive dinner ward activity. We ate with the couple upstairs and a few other couples then went to the church to have desset. It was so much fun! We got to know ward members a lot better and just had a great time!!

Now we are back to the grind. We go home in just three weeks for Spring Break and also for Amber's baby shower! I am so excited to see her belly! (and seeing the rest of the family will be nice too) :)
We are just trying to get through school and look forward to bigger and better things having our degrees will bring us.

No comments:

Post a Comment