Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Just an update

Well, I have a new nephew!! Little Travis Clinton Lawson arrived last Thursday, May 6th. He came two days before the due date, and it was quite a surprise. Amber went to the doctor just two days before and she wasn't dilated or anything... and Wednesday night, around 11:45.. POP! Her water broke! She ended up pushing for two hours, and after that long, the doctor said she wasn't going to be able to deliver him vaginally, so she had a c-section. She was frustrated, but is so happy to have her beautiful baby home now. Travis was 7lbs, 13 oz... quite a big boy for my 5'1" sister.

I just can't wait to meet him. He looks so adorable!!

School is keeping me extremely busy. I have five classes right now and I am loving it. I am doing well in all of my classes and am growing a lot as a designer. The projects are getting more fun, as well as more challenging. I am so grateful for Jordan because he knows just how to calm me down and help me focus when I think I can't keep going.

Speaking of Mr. Wonderful, he finished his last final today. He had to memorize a poem by Homer and recite it to his teacher. She said he had the best pronunciation ( he did it in ancient Greek, a dead language) and the best phrasing. Awesome! She gave him tips on applying for grad school and things he can do to improve on his Greek for next semester. He is also studying to take the GRE in preparation for Grad School. He is going to try and get another part time job for summer, so he will be keeping busy.

Well, that is just a quick update on us. Things are going well. We are busy but very very happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment