Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Wow It's Been A While!

I can't believe it's been four months since I last blogged. I have started and finished a whole quarter of school in the last four months. Crazy.

So, what have we been up to?
We went on a great vacation to see both of our families in between my quarters during July. We spent the 4th of July in Oceanside and had a great time seeing The Cardon's and the soon to be married Jerry and Sharon. The guys got a surf session in while the ladies got to sit on the beach and talk. It was great to see our families and friends for the break. It was definitely a much needed break.

I started (and finished) a quarter of school. It was a great quarter. I pushed myself as an artist and explored new mediums. For the first time we had professional designers come to two of my classes to critique our work. It was nerve wracking and very informative. Some of the designers were a little arrogant but others were extremely helpful. One lady loved all of my work and said to e-mail her about an internship. That's pretty cool!

We also took a great trip to Hawaii! Sue took us to Oahu for the University of Hawaii/USC game. We stayed in Waikiki and spent lots of time on the beach. Jordan got to surf and we even tried paddle boarding. So fun! It was so relaxing and the weather was perfect. Coming back to Utah and school was really hard.

Jordan has had a big change of plans with his schooling. He has decided to go back into architecture. He will graduate in May from the U and we will then move back to Riverside. He will start school in the summer at Cal Poly Pomona and get on the journey to second Bachelor's degree. He is so excited and I am so excited for him!

Things are going well for us. I am enjoying a little break before my next quarter of school starts. We will go home in the middle of October for a weekend to get a little boost for our last stretch of school before Christmas.

We have exciting things coming up and are looking forward to the next few months!!

1 comment:

  1. MIndy! That's awesome, you guys sound great! Hawaii, definetly sounds great! I'm glad to see you doing so well and enjoying your classes so much. Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete