Yesterday I was sustained in a new calling.
I am so sad to be leaving my Young Women. I have loved being the secretary and getting to know the girls in our Ward. We really do have great girls and I have been so humbled by the responsibility to leave an impression on girls who are at such an important age in life. This is the point where they can really start building their testimonies and really decide their stance and morals. I sincerely hope I did a good job.
After sacrament meeting several girls came up to me and gave me hugs saying that they would miss me. It's hard to get emotional because I really grew to love them. I have no doubt that the woman going in as secretary will do a fantastic job and be what the girls need now.
So, my new calling:
Primary teacher for the CTR 6 class!!
I was a bit taken back when I was called, because I have never served in the Primary. It's a little daunting because I have to learn how to teach lessons that are a bit simpler, I have to learn to be more flexible, and how to discipline children that are not my own.
Holy smokes! That's a lot to take on. Just like the young women, children are so impressionable. These kids are 6 turning 7, so they'll get baptized soon. It is my responsibility to make sure they learn what they need to in order to have the right foundation for their testimony, and to know the necessary doctrines to be baptized.
I met my class this past week and taught them, and I love them already. They are so cute, and so smart! It really is incredible. I look forward to learning with them and from them, and again, hoping I do the best I can, and that my efforts will be felt and remembered, and they will build a stronger testimony through the Spirit they feel in my classroom.
Monday, June 4, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment