Sunday, September 2, 2012

A Full Heart

I feel like I would be ungrateful if I didn't express what is on my mind today.

See, I have been blessed with the most amazing husband who loves me so much and does so much for me.

He has been so concerned for me since I became pregnant and has been willing and happy to help me with whatever I need, even after a really long night at work. He has been great at taking care of our puppy, Jasper, when I am too tired, or have a headache, or for whatever reason. And he loves to play with Jasper... it's adorable.

He works so hard to provide for us. Serving isn't the most glamorous job in the world, but he takes pride in his work and does the best he can every single shift. He works at a fine dining restaurant and he had a lot to learn since he had only served at one other restaurant before. He really stepped up and learned what he needed to by studying hard to pass his tests and to show management that he was prepare to be who they needed him to be.  His hard work started paying off as soon as he was training with other servers. Several veteran servers told the general manager that Jordan would be a great asset to the company and that they were excited to work with him. How cool is that?
Because of my experience as a server, I know how tiring the work is. I know how frustrating it can be, and I know Jordan feels it too, but he doesn't let that stop him  from going to work with a positive attitude every shift. He doesn't get weekend nights off, and he has been working every Sunday since June. It's been harder on me, I think, than on him. He knows it's not the perfect situation but is grateful to be employed at a successful company with coworkers who support him and a management team who are excited to have him on board.

On Tuesday Jordan starts a whole new degree program. He will be getting a second Bachelor's degree in Computer and Electrical Engineering at California Baptist University- the same school I go to. He knows he has a long four years ahead of him, but he is so excited to get going. I have no worries about him being able to handle a full time student schedule, being a new father, and working long weekend shifts because that's just the kind of guy he is.

I know Jordan will be an amazing father, and has already nicknamed our baby his Little Pip. If he loves this little girl anything like he loves me, I know she will grow up with her daddy wrapped around her fingers and will never want for his love or attention.

I just had to write some of my thoughts today. Jordan exceeds my expectations all the time, and I truly feel like the luckiest woman alive to be married to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment