Thursday, February 14, 2013

A Full Heart

My heart is so full today. I love having a day to think about the amazing man I married and how much I love him. I really was blessed with a loving companion! We don't do presents on Valentine's Day like most couples do. We make the day about being together and loving each other. We typically make dinner and just enjoy each other's company. This year will be no different. We have a wonderful dinner planned to make together tonight, and with a baby coming literally any minute, we couldn't have planned anything extravagant anyway. I really look forward to Jordan coming home and spending the day with him. We don't have too many days to ourselves left and I plan on cherishing every moment. That's what I think Valentine's Day should be about. It's not about gifts or how much you spend on each other, it's about showing each other how much you love each other.  We started thinking this way out of necessity because when we were first married we didn't have money to buy each other anything. Four years later not much has changed in the financial department- but our love has grown immeasurably and we plan on keeping this tradition even when money is more abundant.

I am so looking forward to seeing Jordan become a Daddy. I know he is going to be amazing and that Pyper will be adored by him. If he loves her anything like he loves me, she will be very well taken care of.  I love him so much already, I wonder how much it'll grow as I watch him take care of our little girl.  I don't have too much time to wait! My due date is Sunday and she is welcome to come any time now!

I can't wait to fall in love with Pyper myself. I can't wait to see what she looks like, what her personality is like, how big she is... all of it. I can't wait. I can't wait to see this little girl who I've been able to feel move around inside me for the past 5 months. I feel like she has become my little buddy and I don't know how I will feel about sharing her with other people.  I know I'll get over it, but right now she is mine and I know her, and we have a special bond. I hope that bond continues as she gets older. I know I will always love her- and I hope I am a good enough mom that she always loves me too. Can't wait to meet my little love bug!!

No comments:

Post a Comment