2012 was quite the year for us. Here's a quick review:
January- We were both very sick for New Year's. January was a really rough month for us... we went through some hard times and at the end of the month got a puppy to help lift our spirits. We got a little Havanese- Maltese puppy and we named him Jasper. I never thought I would love a dog so much! Training him was hard and he is time consuming, but the love he gives back makes it all worth it! He is currently laying on the couch next to me sleeping and dreaming!
February- I turned 25! We had friends over from the Ward to celebrate. Yes, we actually decided to be social! My big present was a Canon Rebel T3i. It's become my best friend.
March- Celebrated 3 years of marriage! Jordan's mom sent us on a wonderful weekend trip to Catalina Island. We stayed in an amazing condo, had our own golf cart to get us to Avalon and back, and enjoyed relaxing together. The weather was extremely cold so a lot of the attractions were closed, but we got to play miniature golf a few times. I am pretty sure Jordan won every time. Lame.
April- Jordan and I spent a large part of our Spring Break on a Pioneer Trek with the youth in our Stake. We were a Ma and a Pa to 10 teenagers for 4 days and 3 nights. We relived the life that Mormon Pioneers might have experienced while getting to Salt Lake. We wore pioneer clothing, pulled handcarts, cooked every meal in a dutch oven, packed our belongings in a bucket, slept under the stars, and had an amazing time. It was an extremely powerful experience that I am so grateful for. I would do it again in a heartbeat... Jordan said he would need to think about it haha. It was hard, I won't lie. But I learned and grew so much and I know the youth did as well. It was so worth the exhaustion, the preparation, the uncomfortable nights (it was 28 at night before wind chill.... yea.) One of my favorite activities from the year!
May- I became an aunt again to little miss Leila Marie! She came on May 13th, which was Mother's Day! That same weekend was my sister-in-law's bridal shower. Needless to say, it was quite the weekend!!
June- The first week of June we found out I was pregnant! I took a test the first day of my missed period while Jordan was at work. When he came home that night, it was a Tuesday, I handed him the test and said Happy Early Father's Day! (Father's Day was the following Sunday). We told my family on Father's Day when we were all sitting around the table. I tied a ribbon around the test and put a tag on it that said, "Hi Papa!" and put it in a pretty box for my dad to open. Everyone was so excited!!
Also in June- my little brother got married!! Garrett and Kara were sealed on June 8th, the reception was June 9th. It was a beautiful weekend! We found out the following Tuesday I was pregnant :)
July- All I can really think of that happened in July was celebrating the 4th of July at my parent's house. Jordan got to experience a real Block Party and we had a great time! We drove home during the fireworks and had an amazing show to watch all the way down the 91 freeway! It was great!
August- In August my cousin Alex came home from his mission in Texas. The last of my generation to go on a mission! My Grandma saw all six of her grandsons serve full time missions. I think that's pretty cool.
We also found out in August that the little baby in me is a GIRL! We both knew it... but I was a little more excited than Jordan :) Everyone, and I mean everyone, wanted us to have a boy so that my nephew Travis had a boy to play with.... but I wanted a girl. I was (and am) so excited to meet my little buddy!
September- Jordan started his first semester at CBU with me! He is studying Computer and Electrical Engineering. It will be his second Bachelor's Degree. It is so fun to be at the same school.
October- My 5th niece was born!! Miss Kynlee Reese Powell was born on October 12. She is so dang cute!!
November- Jordan and I celebrated Thanksgiving with my family and had a great day. We took family pictures in the morning and ate some delicious food!!
December- We moved! We got into an adorable 2 bedroom apartment which we love! The move was hard on Jordan because I couldn't do a lot of lifting at 7 months pregnant. I did the best I could to help, but Jordan really was a champ. He did make me promise that I won't be pregnant next time we move.
Christmas was especially neat this year, and one I will hold dear for a long time. I tried to soak up all of the family time that I could since it will be three years before we have another Christmas with everyone there.
Now with 2013 here, we are just prepping the apartment and hopefully ourselves, to have a baby in the next six weeks! We had a great year in 2012 and look forward to the challenges and blessings of 2013!!
Thursday, January 10, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment