Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Busy Us!

Well we had an amazing time in California. We flew in Thursday night and my sister Amber picked us up from the airport. We went to a nearby Denny's to get food and pass the time while we waited for my parents and Garrett to land. That was quite an adventure. We laughed so hard at dinner!! Good times with my seester!
The plane was delayed, but that gave us time to visit while we waited. Everybody was at the airport! Katrina, Maurice, Riley, Trent, Dede, Aunt Debbie, Uncle Ted( that was family), Annie, Bryonna, Brooklynn, Layne, Andrew (who made our amazing wedding cake) and a few more friends were there. It was so good to see Garrett! Riley, who has changed so much since Garrett (Uncle G) left but she has been told about him, ran up to him when she saw him and said, "I missed you!" It was great. He was his usual happy, smiling, joking self.
After the airport we went to the Church building so Dad could release him. What an experience. We sat in Dad's office and got to ask Garrett questions about his mission, what he learned, how he grew, things like that. Even now I get misty-eyed about how much he has changed.

Garrett has always had trouble reading... Not that he can't, but he is not very fast. Also, he didn't use to speak very clearly. Well that has all changed. He spoke so eloquently about his experience and recited scripture like it was nothing. He spoke with such maturity, power and conviction that I sat, asking myself how it was possible. He is still the same Mr. Personalit he has always been, but he is so different. There is a quiet power about him. I can feel a strength about him when he talks, it's incredible. I'm so glad to have him back and to hear the testimony he has developed.

As is tradition in our family, we ate In-N-Out as Garrett's first meal off his mission. It was great! We sat around and joked as a family and friends. I laughed so hard I was crying and m stomach hurt at the end of the night.
Saturday was another great day. It was Mom and Dad's 28th anniverary! In honor of that, and to be together, Mom, Dad, Garrett, Amber, Matt, Jordan and I got to go to the Temple together. I hadn't been through the LA Temple or with my parents since I received my endowments before the wedding. It was great to be with my family in the Celestial room. There is no greater place or feeling on earth. I love it there.
Saturday night was the kid's night out. We all went, including miss Riley, to Claim Jumper. Good food and great people make for an amzing time. Much talking, reminiscing and laughter was shared. Man I love my family. Mom and Dad also stopped by to see us and shared in the good times!
Sunday was great, too. After Church, the family came over. Sue and Tom also came. Again, there was tons of laughing and joking going on. Being with family, both mine and Jordan's, is such a great thing. We had so much fun. It was great to bond and to create memories.

Well we are back in our cozy apartment. I miss the noise that is always present at my parent's house. Jordan enjoys the serenity of our life here, but I much prefer the busy, loud family life. We will get back there some day, it just may not be soon enough... But we'll be ok.
Jordan is busy with work this week and I am catching up on school work before I start my new job at Macaroni Grill on Monday. I can't wait for that!! Good food and a great atmostphere... yay!
We are back to reality. Missing our families but making it on our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment