Friday was our date night for this past week and what a great date we had!!
I was at work on Friday during the lunch shift. I got certified to serve on my own and took tables for a couple of hours! I missed training and the tasting session on Thursday, which was steak day. I asked my manager if I could try one of the steaks because they are new and I 'needed' to try it. So, he gave me one for free! I brought home a delicious 8 oz. New York strip with roasted potatoes and vegetables. Luckily it was big enough for Jordan and I to share. So we ate that for dinner and then got ready and headed up to Park City.
We had to bundle up because it was so cold! It was in the 30 while we were there, and the temperature was still dropping. We walked along Main Street and looked in a few shops. We found this great store that has trinkets made by local artists and we got Sue a great birthday present from there for a great price!
Our main reason for going to Park City was to get dessert. There is a great American Bistro (that's the name ) that we have had dinner at before while Sue was here for Mother's Day and we knew the dessert would be great. We got to the restaurant and decided to eat there. Jordan got his favorite dessert, creme brulee and I got a molten lava chocolate cake. Jordan's vanilla creme brulee was as amazing as he remembered it being. My cake was great as well, but it was so rich!!! It was a very small piece of cake, and two of us together could not finish it because it was so rich. It was great, but a bit too chocolatey for our palates.
After dessert we decided it was too cold to continue walking around so we went back to the car and drove home. When we got home we played Monopoly and guess who won...? Me! It was fantastic. We loved having time to spend together.
I am excited to see what this week's date night will be!!!
I love my hunny!
Sunday, October 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment