Well today was interesting.
First of all, I had my orientation at the Art Institute today. I am so excited to start school on Monday. Orientation took about two and half hours longer than I was so told it would, so it was a bit frustrating. But I did get my art kit. It is a huge rolling case that had tons of art supplies in it that I will need my first few quarters. The plan is to add to it. The tools are top of the line and Jordan is a bit jealous of my new 'toys'. There are a couple kinks that I need to work out but I definitely think choosing this school was the right choice.
I came home afterward and was just about to start calling some restaurants about getting an interview when my phone rang. It was from a restaurant about a job interview. Let me go backward a couple days to show how amazing this story is.
On Tuesday, Jordan and I went to the Jordan Commons so I could apply to a couple restaurants. One of the restaurants in the plaza is called Spaghetti Mama's. I applied there a few weeks ago, and after walking around for a while, Jordan and I thought it would be a good idea to check back in with a manager in person. The host took my name and said he would tell the manager I stopped by.
Jordan and I like the food here, so I mentioned we could get something to-go but Jordan wanted to stay. While we were eating, a manager came to us. Not the one I originally met. He introduced himself as the new manager and that the manager who took my application never gave it to him. So he asked if I wanted to fill out a new one. I did.
Fast forward to today. The HR Director for Spaghetti Mama's called me at 2:30 and asked if I could interview at 4:00. I went. I walked away an hour later with a menu in hand so I could start learning it for my first shift... tomorrow.
It's a very cute restaurant and I am excited to be working again. The manager seems like a great guy and a great boss. So Jordan and I went to Wal-Mart tonight to get me some good shoes and clothes. I start tomorrow at 5:00. I'm a little scared because I will be running food on their busiest night. I've only eaten a couple dishes there and don't know what the table numbers are. It could be very interesting.
So my life went from 0-60 today in just a little while. I will be starting a new school and a new job next week. I went from having not much to do to having a very full schedule.
Now we just need to get Jordan a job. We are staying positive and constantly thinking of places he could apply. We feel very blessed that I got a job and hope things continue to turn around for us.
Thursday, July 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment